About 2022 DIRISA Datathon
The annual DIRISA Student Datathon Challenge was held from 26 November 2022 to 2 December 2022 at the CSIR ICC in Pretoria. The theme for the 2022 Datathon was “Using Social Media Data to find innovative solutions”.
The teams that participated in the datathon were:
- North West University – Eagles
- University of Johannesburg – Recursive Redemption
- University of Zululand – Unbounded
- Sefako Makgatho – Cyber Eclipse
- Sol Plaatjie University – DataTude
- Tshwane University of Technology – Alpha Logic
- University of Limpopo – Tech Tycoon
- University of KwaZulu Natal – TechWorld
- Vaal University of Technology – SEE COM
- Saulridge Secondary School – Mighty Ridge
The add a heading for Winners of 2022 Datathon. With following text: The winners of the 2022 DIRISA Student Datathon Challenge were:
1.place – University of Johannesburg. Team Recursive Redemption.
2. North West University. Team Eagles.
3.place – Sol PLaatjie University. Team Datatude.
Best team – Saulridge Secondary School. Team Might Ridge.
Consistent Student. Miss Fikile Motha of Tshwane University of Technology. Team Alpha logic.
Best Research Poster. Miss Husnaa Molvi and Mr Kyle Botes of University of Johannesburg. Team Recursive Redemption.
Female empowerment bursary winners. Miss Ditshego Ntoagae of Saulridge secondary school and Ms Khanyisa Mokgoloboth of Sefako Makgatho.
Prizes were sponsored by:
- Korbicom education trust
- Code Ngwana
- Eclipse holdings